March 16th & 17th 2019 Stiwdio 3, Cardigan
November 9th & 10th 2019, Ceridwen Centre, Drefach Felindre
Two day course £270
Learn to produce a small quilt inspired by a traditional 19th century Welsh design. We’ll be using local Welsh flannel fabrics woven at our local woollen mill, Melin Teifi.
You will have two days of professional quilting tuition with Lesley, learning techniques which will allow you to produce a small quilt approximately 80 centimeters square. The quilt is inspired by a traditional 19th century Welsh design. We’ll be providing Welsh flannel fabrics for the quilt woven at our local woollen mill, Melin Teifi. You will learn stitching techniques (machine and hand stitching) to complete your quilt.
• Two days of professional quilting tuition from Lesley Jenkins
• You need to have basic knowledge of how to use a sewing machine
• All materials required to make your quilt are included in the course fee
• A spacious work area is allocated to each student along with their own set of tools sewing machine to use while they’re here should they wish
• A plentiful supply of tea, coffee and afternoon cake is provided. Delicious lunches are available to purchase on the day.
What will each day involve?
• We’ll prepare our chosen fabric and cut out the pieces using a rotary cutter
• The quilt top will be machine stitched together to make piecing the quilt easier
• Lesley will demonstrate quick methods of creating a square in square and half-square triangles
• Borders will be added and finally the quilt top will be sandwiched for quilting
• Hand-quilting designs will be discussed and drawn on to the quilt top
• You will mark up your quilt and begin to hand quilt your design. There probably won’t be time to finish this during the day but you’ll be shown how to finish your quilt and add a hanging sleeve if you wish to display it as a piece of art.
“I thoroughly enjoyed my two day course. Lesley was amazing…I have come away with so much more and can go forward in quilting. Would recommend to everybody.” – Helen
“Had a fabulous two days on this course. Our tutor was really knowledgeable and more importantly for me, very patient. A lovely tutor and lovely venue. Will definitely come again.” – Liz
The Venue March
We will be running our March workshop at our new venue in Cardigan. Opening 26th November 2019.
Watch this space…
The Venue November 2019
We will be running our two day workshop at The Ceridwen Centre, Drefach Felindre, West Wales. Ceridwen is a welcoming holiday, training and retreat centre on an organic farm. Energy demands at the centre are served by biomass, solar thermal and solar PV. Experience their fabulous views and abundant wildlife.
As a special treat, why not come a little early and book in and have a nice break before (and/or after) your course? Ceridwen have a range of fantastic accommodation all in the one magical location. You can choose to book and stay in a yurt, eco-pod, double decker bus, gypsy wagon or the farmhouse b&b.