August 5th at Stiwdio 3, Cardigan
10.00am -12.30pm or 1.30 – 4.00pm
An introduction to paper marbling with Jude Riley. Learn a new skill and create an array of beautiful papers and a small pot to take home.
An Introduction to Paper Marbling with Jude Riley. Marbling paper is great fun and can become quite addictive. Colours are floated on a bath of thickened water and the design is lifted from the surface on a sheet of paper.
Participants will learn the basics of this ancient technique for decorating paper. During the workshop you will learn several designs, many of which will be familiar from the endpapers of fine old books. We will progress from the simplest designs involving sprinkling colours onto the surface of a marbling bath and proceed to more complex designs by manipulating the floating colours. Everyone should have about 10 A4 sheets of their own marbled paper to take home. At the end of the session, and just for fun we will each marble a small terracotta plant pot!
• Professional tuition from Jude Riley
• Materials are provided however you are welcome to bring along your own paper if you have something particular that you’d like to use.
• Please wear old clothes and an apron as marbling can be very messy.
• Your papers may not be completely dry by the end of the day. If this is the case we will keep them safe at Stiwdio 3 for you to collect when you can. The pot should be dry enough to take away on the day.
• Teas provided. We have a wonderful new café up and running so you can get lovely coffee and cakes or lunch if you wish.
• Group of 6 people max
• Age 12+