August 25th at Stiwdio 3, Cardigan
One day workshop £60
10.30am – 4.00pm
Learn techniques in free motion embroidery and appliqué. For anyone who has the basics of using a sewing machine. Suzi can teach you how to be more creative to produce some lovely designs in just a day.
Learn the techniques to be able to produce free motion embroidery designs and combine with appliqué techniques. In one day I will teach you everything you need to know to be able to use your machine with confidence once you get home!
It doesn’t matter whether you have your own machine or not, you can come and learn all you need to know on one of our machines.
I will teach you about:
• The presser foot – adding and removing the free motion embroidery foot (get confident with your screwdriver)!
• We will practise different sewing skills to create stitch patterns and designs to help you create your own pictures
• We will work with different threads and colours to create shading and different effects
• Once we have mastered free motion embroidery we will move onto appliqué techniques
• You will be able to combine both techniques in the day to create your own designs
“Suzi is an exceptional teacher with the patience of a saint (I was a teacher for many years and know the challenges of teaching art and craft, involving equipment, machines, multi-skills, etc. and constant demands for help.) I learned a lot and came away feeling enthusiastic, with new skills, and with much more confidence in using my machine. Suzi also had an awareness of the ‘group’, as well as each individual, and brought us all together. It is because of Suzi’s enthusiasm and vision that we are able to enjoy courses like this, which fulfil so many various needs other than practical ones. I shall return. Thank you.” – Carole
At lunch time you will be able to buy food in the Stiwdio 3 cafe. There are plenty of lovely lunch choices and amazing cake too!
All materials are included in the ticket price. You are welcome to bring along your own sewing machine but we will have one here that you can use if you do not have your own machine.
Once you have come on the course, I will add you to our closed Facebook group, where you will be able to share your ideas and photos of the things you have made. Our other sewing ladies who have attended my courses share resources, books they’ve found, photos, ideas, all sorts there. We have a bit of laugh too!