July 27th at Stiwdio 3, Cardigan
1.30 – 4.30pm
Heat transfer printing can be a beautiful and subtle technique for transferring your original designs onto synthetic fabrics, alternatively it can be vivid and vibrant depending on your desired outcome.
In this workshop you’ll have the opportunity to experiment with the dyes to produce a selection of samples exploring the technique to it’s full. You will be able to use various items as resists, producing ghostly images of foliage, lace or your own cutouts to build up your own unique patterns and textures. Heat transfer printed fabrics form the perfect background for stitch making them a lovely backdrop for other craft projects.
• Suitable for anyone with an interest in textiles, colour and pattern.
• Learn how to manipulate a new technique in a variety of exciting ways
• Learn how to use heat transfer printing with resists, foliage, lace or cutouts
• Learn how to transfer your own designs directly onto synthetic fabric
• Produce a collection of samples suitable for other craft projects.
• You could bring along any light coloured plain synthetic fabrics you might have to be transformed using this adaptable technique
• Teas provided. Delicious lunches and cakes are available to purchase from the cafe should you wish