May 23rd & 24th at The Old Vicarage, Moylegrove
Two-day course £298
A masterclass in drawing with wool with the ever so talented Ruth Packham. Learn to felt and manipulate wool fibre and improve your drawing skills.
A two-day masterclass in drawing with wool with Ruth. You will learn felt making techniques as well as how to manipulate wool fibre and improve your drawing skills. We will be running our workshop at The Old Vicarage, Moylegrove, West Wales. We have chosen to run this workshop at the beautiful B&B so that you can treat yourself to a lovely break and stay at The Old Vicarage should you wish.
What will the course involve?
• Day One – We will spend the day working on a wet felted image, either one you have brought in for inspiration or a freeform image. You will learn how to handle the wool fibre and basic wet felting techniques. Ruth is on hand to tell you that you can draw and advise on colour use and composition. Hopefully if there is time you will create a background for day two.
• Day Two – This day will be mostly about needle felting. Using your premade wet felted background (or one Ruth provides) you will work on a needle felted image, again one prepared earlier or freeform. There will be an opportunity to give your image a more three- dimensional feel. Ruth will also demonstrate how to needle felt a black and white landscape/image onto cotton fabric and if there is time you will have the chance to try this technique too.
• As a teacher Ruth feels strongly about encouraging and nurturing creative individuality and hopes to instil confidence in creative decision making. In light of these aims please bring imagery to the workshop in the form of a photograph as opposed to someone else’s work.
• Two days of professional felting and drawing tuition from fine artist Ruth Packham.
• All materials required are included in the course fee. A spacious work area is allocated to each student along with their own set of tools to use while they’re here.
• A plentiful supply of tea, coffee and cake is provided. Bring or buy your own lunch.
We will be running our one day workshop at The Old Vicarage. The B & B has a wonderful atmosphere and décor and we will be using the spacious and beautifully decorated dining room for our workshop. The lovely Meg (owner of the B and B) will provide lunch of homemade locally sourced food and will supply teas and coffees and cake during the day.
As a special treat, why not come a little early and book in and have a nice break before (and/or after) your workshop? You can book one of the lovely rooms at the B & B. Meg has done a special deal for us and is offering the rooms with a 10% discount on their normal rate.
The price per person per night for a shared room would be £40 per person including breakfast. For single occupancy in a private room with ensuite and breakfast the price would be £80. So for the two day course for example : Accommodation per person for two days in a shared room is £80 and £160 in a private room.
If you would like to eat in the evenings that can also be arranged separately with Meg. Just email Meg at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone her on 01239 881711 and let her know you’re coming on the drawing with wool workshop and she will deal with your booking directly.
So, what more can we say? A stay in a beautiful part of the world. A sleep in a comfy room, delicious food, great company AND all of these amazing new skills!
Here are some more photos from past courses: