15th November at Henllys Estate, nr Llandovery
One day workshop £160
In just one day Dunja will teach you how to weave a beautiful, 100% Welsh wool scarf on a rigid heddle loom.
We know that many of you are interested in weaving but don’t really know where to start. It can be a bit daunting when you are wanting to try something new but are not really sure where to go for help. So we thought that we would take you by the hand and guide you through the first steps of weaving to give you confidence and to give you a chance to see if you really like it!
In just one day Dunja will teach you how to warp up a loom and weave a simple scarf. This one day workshop will give you the skills and the confidence to be able to choose to move forward with your craft, maybe buy yourself a loom (if you haven’t already) and build on your new-found skills. We will be using the finest, home-grown Welsh wool from Dunja’s farm for the warp, and you will be able to add colour to your design by choosing from Cambrian Wool’s range.
Dunja says “Although the rigid heddle loom is a simple piece of equipment, it is possible to weave very beautiful pieces with it. It is the ideal introduction to weaving, and from here you can move on to weaving with a four shaft or eight shaft table loom or floor loom if you wish.”
What will the day involve?
• One day of professional weaving tuition from Dunja Roberts
• All materials required to make your scarf are included in the course fee
• A spacious work area is allocated to each student along with their own equipment to use while they’re here
• We have chosen a lovely venue to hold our workshop – Henllys Estate near to Llandovery. The converted barn on the estate is spacious and welcoming.
• There’ll be plenty of teas, coffees and cake throughout the day. Delicous and wholesome lunches are available to order and purchase in advance or you are welcome to bring your own.
• No prior weaving knowledge is required but this course is also suitable for anyone who has had a go at weaving before and wants to improve their technique. This course would be too basic for a competent weaver.
“I had a lovely day learning to weave with Dunja. The beautiful setting, friendly people, quality materials and patient, knowledgeable tutor made it a very pleasurable day and I was very pleased with the results. I had a spare day’s holiday unexpectedly and wanted to make the most of it and quiet industrious time learning with lovely people is always time well spent.” – Caroline
We know that some of you live a distance from West Wales and because of this we have chosen the wonderful Henllys Estate to run our workshop, so that you also have the opportunity to stay away. There is a spacious room in a converted barn where we will set up our looms for the day and if you wish to stay you can book with Claire who owns and runs the accommodation.
We require four bookings per course in order to make a course viable to run. If we have to cancel a course due to low numbers we will transfer you to another date. If this is not possible we will refund your booking or deposit fee in full. See full terms and conditions located at the footer of the site. Thank you.