May 21st – 23rd at The Old Vicarage, Moylegrove
£143 – £343
A masterclass in drawing with wool with the ever so talented fine artist Ruth Packham. Learn to felt and manipulate wool fibre and improve your drawing skills.
A three-day masterclass in drawing with wool with Ruth. You will learn felt making techniques as well as how to manipulate wool fibre and improve your drawing skills. You can choose to join us on any day or a combination of days. Discounts are applied if you choose to join us for two or three days. We will be running our workshop at The Old Vicarage, Moylegrove, West Wales. We have chosen to run this workshop at the beautiful B&B so that you can treat yourself to a lovely break and stay at The Old Vicarage should you wish.
What will the course involve?
• Day 1: A day to explore the wet felting technique. Working with wool fibre we will aim to spend the morning laying out and playing with colour and pattern to create a small wet felted doodle. The afternoon will be spent working with an image as reference on a larger wet felt drawing. For those attending for just one day this will be completed by the end of the day.
• Day 2: A day to respond to a subject to produce a needle felted image. Either working with a photograph or a drawing we will needle felt an illustrative piece. This can be representative or abstract but will require some planning, colour selection and composition. A plain felted background will be provided or you can make your own.
• Day 3: Landscape. A day responding to the landscape we are in or images from a favourite place. Using photo editing software we will edit the chosen images, taking away much of the visual information leaving us with enough for you to make a needle felted drawing. Onto a pre-prepared canvas you will transfer your image in pencil and then using a needle felting needle and wool fibre you will draw your landscape. The result will be black and white and have the look of a charcoal drawing.
• One, two or three days of professional felting and drawing tuition from fine artist Ruth Packham.
• All materials required are included in the course fee. A spacious work area is allocated to each student along with their own set of tools to use while they’re here.
• A plentiful supply of tea, coffee and cake is provided. Bring or buy your own lunch.
We will be running our one day workshop at The Old Vicarage. The B & B has a wonderful atmosphere and décor and we will be using the spacious and beautifully decorated dining room for our workshop. The lovely Meg (owner of the B and B) will provide lunch of homemade locally sourced food and will supply teas and coffees and cake during the day.
As a special treat, why not come a little early and book in and have a nice break before (and/or after) your workshop? You can book one of the lovely rooms at the B & B. Meg has done a special deal for us and is offering the rooms with a 10% discount on their normal rate.
The price per person per night for a shared room would be £40 per person including breakfast. For single occupancy in a private room with ensuite and breakfast the price would be £80. So for the three day course for example : Accommodation per person for three days in a shared room is £120 and £240 in a private room.
If you would like to eat in the evenings that can also be arranged separately with Meg. Just email Meg at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone her on 01239 881711 and let her know you’re coming on the Quirky bird workshop and she will deal with your booking directly.
So, what more can we say? A stay in a beautiful part of the world. A sleep in a comfy room, delicious food, great company AND learn all of these amazing skills!